Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh my...

Because there were no other words to describe my emotions when I saw this old picture on Tasha's blog today...it took my breath away. And then I laughed, HARD.

I think I am more grateful now then ever that I had such wonderful friends growing up. I couldn't have asked for better. Not only were these girls kind, honest, and loyal, but they knew how to HAVE FUN! I wish every teenager could be blessed with such friends to shape their life in such a positive way. I know I was.

And this picture below was taken about 4-5 years later at the same spot in Liz's parents entryway. And I am sure when this picture was taken, none of us remembered that crazy Ladies 80's night, but I know we were all grateful that we have had each other over the years to laugh, cry, and share life's experieces with.

I guess this turned out to be a bit of a mushy post, but I love you girls and am thankful for you.

...and next time everyone is back in town and after all the babies are born this year I say we bust out the leotards and leg warmers again

4 comments:

Chase & Tricia said...

Ha! Ha! I love that pic! Thanks for the fun/sweet post!

Heidi said...

I love blasts from the past!! You should go to my friend Shar's blog from my blog. She just posted one of me from the good old days. It was taken probably almost twenty years ago! It's a beauty! Check it out!

kemra said...

Amen to all that! We really were/are blessed to have each other! I'm not sure how I feel about busting out the leotards...I'm not sure it could support the weight of my post kids body ; - )

Shawn and Tasha said...

hahaha:) Love it all! Oh yeah, we'll definitely have to bust out those beauties again soon. I love looking at old pictures, just like this one. The memories are much too sweet and I usually can't wipe the smile off my face.

Jules, thanks for the birthday wishes. You've always been so thoughtful. You're such a sweetie. I thought of you (and the other girlies) on Friday as I passed a Wendy's. Yep, totally tempted to get a Frostie. It's just not the same without you girls though. Miss you like crazy!!!